The Worship Center is a multi-racial congregation that is active in the community, as well as reaching out overseas. We have people from nearly every type of background and economic status – but all have a genuine love for the Lord and for His people.
Our vision is to reach as many people as possible with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ and to help them become transformed by renewing their minds to the truths of the Word of God. Using every means available, we reach out corporately and individually to our friends, neighbors, co-workers and service providers to bring the empowering and liberating Gospel to them. Our call as a church is to help people get their lives working, understand the Bible and know the Lord on a deeper level.
The Worship Center grew into a church out of a home Bible study that Dr. Steve and Linda led upon returning from the mission field in 1983. They’d served overseas with Operation Mobilization in England and India (as well as ministering in Ireland, Wales, Belgium and Germany).
Additionally, Dr. Steve Davis’ experience as a law enforcement chaplain both locally and federally helps many military families feel comfortable to call The Worship Center their church home.
We have a heart to reach out to our community with the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ. We run a food pantry throughout the week, have regular community outreaches and offer ministries for women, men, children, teens, middle schoolers and utilizing drama, music and education as well.
Perhaps one of the more unique ways we reach out is through art. Much of the building is done in floor to ceiling murals done by Dr. Steve and our own church volunteers. This artistic environment creates a wonderfully colorful world for children and an inviting atmosphere for adults alike! Click here to see photos!
What We Believe
The short answer is, “we believe the Bible.” Specifically, we believe in:
- The Holy Trinity – The Virgin Birth
- The Deity of Christ – Justification by Faith
- The Person & Work of the Holy Spirit – The Blood Atonement
- The Genesis Account of Creation – The Great Commission
- The Necessity of Repentance and the New Birth - The Free Will of Man
- The Necessity of Perseverance and a Holy Life – The Second Coming of Christ
- The Resurrection of the Body – An Eternal Hell for the Unsaved
- The Eternal Bliss of the Saved in Heaven – The Verbal Inspiration, Inerrancy and Sufficiency of the Holy Scriptures